BioSpine Announcement Regarding Coronavirus
For the Safety of Our Patients and Staff
At the BioSpine Institute, the safety and wellness of our patients and staff is a top priority. As such, we are closely monitoring and following all updates and guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The BioSpine Institute has made, and continues to make, the appropriate changes in order to maintain the safety and health of both patients and staff.
We have taken measures to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus to patients and staff by adhering to CDC guidelines and going beyond our already stringent protocols.
These measures include the following:
- All facilities are deep cleaned and sterilized throughout the day
- We have minimized the scheduling of patients to reduce patient to patient interaction
- We require masks to be worn by all patients, staff & visitors
- All patients and staff are strongly advised to reschedule if any CV-19 symptoms are
present. All patients that have traveled by air or outside the immediate area are
- We are closely monitoring communications from local, state, and federal agencies and will continue to communicate these updates to our patients.
Additionally, all patients will be asked a series of questions prior to admittance for an in-person appointment. If a patient answers yes to any of the following, we will not be able to admit them.
- Do you have a new cough, fever, or shortness of breath in the past 4-6 weeks?
(temperature greater than 99.4)
- Have you traveled to the Tri State area (New York, New Jersey, Connecticut) in the last 4 to 6 weeks?
- Have you traveled domestic or international in the last 4-6 weeks?
- Have you been in contact with a person with a confirmed case of Coronavirus?
- No guests allowed into our facilities except for those essential for the patients care
We encourage everyone to practice all preventative measures used during regular flu season, such as hand washing, covering coughs and sneezes and avoiding sharing items of any kind.
As always, we are committed to providing an excellent experience for both our patients and staff, which includes clear and constant communication. We will be in touch as any relevant additional updates or guidance that becomes available from the CDC or other authorities.
The BioSpine Team